Why Community Participation?
Involvement in community activities in non-segregated spaces would help people to learn to learn new skills or brush-up their hobbies. It also helps people to build and improve their confidence. Community participation paves the way for self-development and contribution. The sense of contributing, for instance, participation in a project which contributes to the society can give you a sense of pleasure and meaningfulness. See the benefits of community participation below:
- Promotes sense of belongingness.
- Better health and well-being.
- Set goals and improve skills.
- Gives purpose and sense of contribution.
- Adapt and develop new skills.
- Acceptance and recognition.
- Increases social networks.
- Enhances social support.
- Involvement in projects that can benefit the community.
- Opportunities for making an income.
- Improved skills and lives.